-->

loss of power over corrugated road

Petrol, gas, fuel tanks etc

loss of power over corrugated road

Postby high country ken on Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:40 pm

Had my 21016 over a coraggatd road about 6 months ago and lost power no ligh code on dash just no power and then once crawled past it was fine got home changed fuel filter..6 months later n been over rough country in high country no dramas .. left to go camping and again hit corrugated road part and same thing happened.. gave to mate and he too said same thing no power etc so end of trip filled up and home bound I went no dramas then two days later driving around it started again but on Tarmac then just lost power and dealer light came on and was just limping along .. I pulled over rang dealer and got it towed to dealer .. and now waiting on what could be problem.. weirded how there no services for fuel filter only chgsnge when need lol so I take it on my own and do every 5000kms genuine filter .. just more concerned as to why it would lose power like so.. as had same dealer light come in my 2011 hilux only to drive another 400 kms no problem to get told fuel filter needs replacing end of story.. so they were log book every 40000kms hence I started my own every 5000kms

If by chance it's dirty fuel or water god knows we're to start the process of who is paying the bill ?? And if water don't Toyota have a plug for that already ? So if no water light came on then wtf then lol
high country ken

Re: loss of power over corrugated road

Postby Ace on Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:17 pm

If you have an after market cruise control that could be the issue! It did the same to me...turned out to be a poor earth on the cc
Chris
76 Wagon in Charcoal color. All ARB add-ons, inc scrub bars, steps, drawers, console. 12,000lb Fan assisted warn winch, VMS mapping and radios, twin battery, led interiors.
Ace

Postby high country ken on Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:21 pm

Yeh I got the cc fitted before I bought it hmmmm ozcruize I think
high country ken

Postby high country ken on Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:25 pm

Auzcruise
high country ken

Postby Donk on Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:00 pm

What do you call the dealer light?
If its water in fuel my guess would be it would do it constantly. Loose connection on something some where. Or sounds like the vaccum line might be leaking.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
2010 79 Workmate Ultimate 2" lift, 285/75r16 Mickey T ATZ 4 ribs, speedy territory alloys 16x7.5, ARB bar work, Ctek dual battery setup, onboard ARB compressor, Lightforce 240 HID XGT's, Fuel manager, Safari snorkel head
Donk

Postby high country ken on Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:37 pm

Mal function light that's says in Manuel take to dealer.. yeh your most likely right loose something time will tell still waiting on it they been busy aparently lol tommorow should know .. but any case I'm fitting water watch system when get back my truck
high country ken

Postby high country ken on Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:44 am

Yeh your right ace it was the cruise control.. dealer paid for towing ect now just waiting on the cruise control guys to come fix it . Bit of a joke if ask me
high country ken

Postby Ace on Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:33 pm

Wow...it didn't surprise me that it ended up being the auzcruise cc as the symtoms were the same as mine.
However, after having mine reset and checked over to ensure a good earth, it has been excellent. The victorian rep was a great older bloke who arranged it all.
Chris
76 Wagon in Charcoal color. All ARB add-ons, inc scrub bars, steps, drawers, console. 12,000lb Fan assisted warn winch, VMS mapping and radios, twin battery, led interiors.
Ace

Postby high country ken on Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:45 pm

Yeh his coming Monday and I'll be def making sure a good earth there hence why I like doing jobs myself.. my hilux before the guy didn't put washer under neath. Shock 10000kms later the strut moved n shaft was worn that badly that was due to snap.. this truck the guy didn't use correct thread bolts on red back twin exhaust and blew gasket on turbo.. lol pay the $ to professionals and they can't do s**t
high country ken

Return to Fuel Systems