-->

Rapid Flash and Bullbar LED's

Rapid Flash and Bullbar LED's

Postby danbatto on Wed May 09, 2018 1:15 pm

G'Day all,

Just picked up a 2011, GXL 200 Series. Going to have a few questions as I get used to the different vehicle from the ML Triton I traded in.

So when I picked up the car it already had an opposite lock bullbar on it with LED parker and Indicator lights in the front. When I test drove it, it had the rapid flash indicator lights. I thought a globe was out and just figured it would be picked up during roadworthy for a missing globe. I picked up the car and stupid me forgot to check. Drove off to realise halfway home so thought maybe its how they are. BUT the hazards flash at normal speed, there are no globes out so im thinking its the added LED's.
I did some research and I think it may require a resistor? I popped under there today to do that, but thought I would ring opposite lock who tell me they have done 358 to date and never had to do add anything like that.

Before i go cutting and splicing wires etc, do you think is the most likely fix? Where else should I maybe look? There are no LED globes in any of the other light fittings on the vehicle. (Tail lights etc)

When i went under to have a look, there were 3 wires from the back of the indicator lights, white, yellow and black.
The white wire was tapped into another socket, im assuming a plug for the old parker lights in the bumper? the other 2 wires go up to the indicator on the main headlight.
Would the resistor help in this situation?

Thanks
Dan
danbatto

Re: Rapid Flash and Bullbar LED's

Postby danbatto on Wed May 09, 2018 1:43 pm

I will also have to add:

I just found that it has the genuine Toyota "Hazard Flasher Extender Bullbar Harness" except whoever installed the bar lights just tapped into the back of the indicators at the headlights.
danbatto

Return to Electrical